Hey there! My name is Tanya and I love to travel. I got the bug in college after a childhood of car trips to California. Since then I've been all over North America, South America, Africa and Europe. My family and I love adventure with a side of luxury. We take some combination of our three kids on most trips and over time I've learned a lot about what makes family travel easier.
This blog is for fun. It's for my friends that ask for recommendations. It's for people like you who love to travel with their family. It is not a business and no one pays me to review or plug their shiznit (nor do I make any guarantees or promises about the people and places I blog about). These are my personal musings and I hope you enjoy them!
My top tips for traveling with kids:
- Minimize transitions. There are only so many times you want to pack and unpack. More than three places in two weeks is probably too much.
- Take direct flights whenever possible. Even if it costs more it's worth it!
- Invest in private guides. They'll work with your schedule, get you to the front of the line and tell you everything you want to know about the places and people you will meet.
- Travel light. In our family, you get one rolling duffle-bag and one carry-on per trip that way everyone can carry their own weight and if you have to help little ones you'll have an extra hand.
- Plan down time. You will get sick of your kids. Your kids will get sick of you. You'll all get sick of looking at stuff. Nothing beats on open afternoon to give everyone a little breathing room.
- Remember that travel is supposed to be fun. Don't stress out and remember that hiccups will happen and they are part of the adventure.